Preparing for Your Appointment
Before your appointment, please complete the form that best matches your type of visit. If you are unable to print a form, please let us know and we will either mail you one or bring it out to you when you arrive.
How the Office is running as we move through the Pandemic
- The waiting room is closed and will stay that way for the foreseeable future.
- Walk- in time is now open. Please arrive, sign in on the clip board on the door,ring the door bell and return to your car. We will beckon you in when it is your turn.
- Online scheduling through the portal is open again
- If you need to make an urgent appointment (meaning that you think you may need to be seen today,) then call your doctor's cell phone:
- Both video visit and in-office visits are available for follow ups and acute problems. Wellness visits can only be done in person unless you make special arrangements.
- People who have COVID -19 symptoms should stay home regardless of your vaccine status.
- When you arrive at the office, procedures are still the same: please remain in your car and text or call your doctor's cell phone. Please wear a mask that fits you well. We continue to disinfecting surfaces between appointments and run the air filters.
- We are no longer restricting the number of vaccinated people who come in for a visit. Un-vaccinated people are restricted to only those who are essential for the visit.
- Here are links to a video chat instructional video and to written instructions.
- Here is a link for questions and answers about our video Chat system.
- Video needs a strong cell signal or WiFi, and privacy so please plan ahead.
- Please take your blood pressure and weight before your visit, if possible, and complete and return any pre-visit forms (see links above.)
- You will receive an invitation link at the time of your visit. It will come by email or text, whichever you prefer. If we are running late, then your invitation will arrive late. If you have not received an invitation by 15 minutes after your appointment time. Please text or call your doctor's cell phone.